STAMFORD, Conn. (August 1, 2022) – Keep America Beautiful®, the nation’s leading community improvement nonprofit organization, has recognized 26 community organizations and individuals through its 2021 National Awards program.
The Keep America Beautiful National Awards program celebrates the work of its nearly 700 community-based affiliates, millions of volunteers and participants, and corporate and community partners for their commitment to end littering, improve recycling, and beautify America’s communities.
Winners were selected in the following categories:
- Individual Achievement Awards: Lady Bird Johnson Award; Sue Smith Professional Leadership Award
- Innovation Awards: State and Local Affiliate Innovation Awards
- State Agency Partnership Recognition Awards
“Recognizing and honoring our affiliates, state agencies, and individuals each year is so important, as they are the backbone of our daily work to clean, green, and beautify communities across America,” said Keep America Beautiful President and CEO, Jennifer Lawson. “These awardees exemplify putting communities first, teamwork, and a genuine desire to ensure that everyone lives in a beautiful community. Congratulations and thank you to the 2021 award recipients!”
The Keep America Beautiful Innovation Award salutes affiliates that have created innovative partnerships and programs to further the mission of Keep America Beautiful. The Innovation Awards are intended to honor true innovation. These are unique ideas or methods and/or creative or non-traditional approaches to solving challenges. The Innovation Awards recognize new approaches that help facilitate growth within an organization. An innovative partnership or program may be original in concept or may be the development of novel and different methods of established partnerships or programs.
Innovation Awards for 2021 are awarded to the following:
- Keep Ridgeland Beautiful (MS) – Local Partnership
- Keep Orlando Beautiful (FL) – Local Program
- Keep Indian River Beautiful (FL) – Local Partnership
- Keep Coral Gables Beautiful (FL) – Local Program
- Keep Charlotte Beautiful (FL) – Local Partnership
- Keep Irving Beautiful (TX) – Local Program
- Keep Brevard Beautiful (FL) – Local Partnership
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful (GA) – Local Program
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (IN) – Local Program
- Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful (PA) – State Partnership
- Keep Tennessee Beautiful (TN) – State Program
The Keep America Beautiful State Agency Partnership Recognition National Award honors state Departments of Transportation, Environmental Quality, and/or other state agencies for their support of Keep America Beautiful State Affiliates. These are the partners that help our State Affiliates get the job done, and Keep America Beautiful is grateful for their support and partnership.
State Agency Partnership Awards for 2021 are awarded to the following:
- Caltrans – California Department of Transportation – Keep California Beautiful
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality – Keep Oklahoma Beautiful
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation – Keep Oklahoma Beautiful
- Oklahoma Turnpike Authority – Keep Oklahoma Beautiful
- Oklahoma Forestry Department – Keep Oklahoma Beautiful
- PA Department of Environmental Protection – Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful
- PA Department of Transportation – Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful
- TN State Parks – Keep Tennessee Beautiful
- Tennessee Department of Tourist Development – Keep Tennessee Beautiful
- TN Department of Transportation – Keep Tennessee Beautiful
- Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks – Keep Mississippi Beautiful
- Mississippi Department of Transportation – Keep Mississippi Beautiful
- Mississippi Department University Extension – Keep Mississippi Beautiful
Congratulations to the 2021 National Award winners from Keep America Beautiful and thank you for your hard work and commitment to ensure everyone lives in a beautiful community.