Keep Mississippi Beautiful offers a number of resources to community groups and local governments to help with litter cleanup and prevention, beautification and recycling, including grants and cleanup supplies.
We invite neighborhood associations, churches, youth groups and other organizations to join us for our Great American Cleanup each spring and summer. To help with your cleanup, Keep Mississippi provides Glad trash bags (while they last). To request supplies, please fill and submit a request form. Following your cleanup, be sure to fill and submit a wrap-up report by July 1, 2020. (Affiliates, please request supplies through Keep America Beautiful.)
KMB’s Awards Program recognizes the best of the best among our network of community-based affiliates, leading corporate partners and individual volunteers across the country who have committed to delivering cleaner, greener and more beautiful communities.
KMB is now accepting nominations for its 2020 awards, recognizing accomplishments from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. Nominations are due March 20, 2020.
- Individual Achievement Awards (Download Word or PDF)
- KMB Program Awards (Download Word or PDF)
- Mississippi Partnership Awards (Download Word or PDF)
For more information, download our award overview.
Keep Mississippi Beautiful offers grants to nonprofits and local governments (i.e. cities, counties) to expand or develop litter prevention and cleanup programs as well as beautification programs. Grant proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis. Grants only available to non-affiliates. Download the Grant Application Guidelines.
Forming a New Affiliate
If your community does not have an affiliate of Keep Mississippi Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful, we encourage you to help start one. This network offers a tested, practical way to educate citizens. Both Keep America Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful offer resources to help affiliates thrive and truly impact communities. If you’re interested in forming an affiliate, please contact Sarah Kountouris.
- How to Recycle Unwanted Medicine in Mississippi: The Mississippi Department of Public Safety has set up drop off locations around the state of Mississippi for disposal of unwanted, expired, and unused household medications
- Mississippi Recycling Coalition: This group offers grants and resources related to recycling in Mississippi.