Individual Achievement AwardsKeep Mississippi Beautiful offers a number of resources to community groups and local governments to help with litter cleanup and prevention, beautification and recycling, including grants and cleanup supplies.
We are now accepting nominations for our 2019 awards, which recognize accomplishments in 2018. Nominations are due March 15, 2019. Awards will be presented at Keep Mississippi Beautiful Awards Ceremony on April 25, 2019 in Jackson. Complete and submit the nomination packet, which includes the nomination form, the narrative and two supporting materials (photos, articles, etc.). Photos should be sent as JPEGs.
- See list of awards.
- Download nomination form for Individual Achievement Awards.
- Download nomination form for KMB Program Awards.
- Download nomination form for Mississippi Partnership Awards.
- Download overview of KMB awards.
We invite neighborhood associations, churches, youth groups and other organizations to join us for our Great American Cleanup each March, April and May. To help with your cleanup, Keep Mississippi provides Glad trash bags (while they last). To request supplies, please fill and submit a request form. Following your cleanup, be sure to fill and submit a wrap-up report. (Affiliates, please request supplies through Keep America Beautiful.)
Keep Mississippi Beautiful offers grants to nonprofits and local governments (i.e. cities, counties) to expand or develop litter prevention and cleanup programs as well as beautification programs. Grant proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis. Grants only available to non-affiliates. Download the Grant Application Guidelines.
Forming a New Affiliate
If your community does not have an affiliate of Keep Mississippi Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful, we encourage you to help start one. This network offers a tested, practical way to educate citizens. Both Keep America Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful offer resources to help affiliates thrive and truly impact communities. If you’re interested in forming an affiliate, please contact Sarah Kountouris.
- How to Recycle Unwanted Medicine in Mississippi: The Mississippi Department of Public Safety has set up drop off locations around the state of Mississippi for disposal of unwanted, expired, and unused household medications
- Mississippi Recycling Coalition: This group offers grants and resources related to recycling in Mississippi.